The high school orchestra is having a fundraiser and asked me to participate by altering a violin. Of course I have to say yes…first of all how can I say no to a dear friend??? But really…how often do you ever get a chance to paint a violin???? I should mention that the instruments that were altered were no longer usable and not ruined for the sake of art.
I instantly wanted to do shabby chic vintage…big surprise right???LOL
I”ll start by showing the finished project…
Here is the violin when I started. I sanded it well…
I wanted to make all the embellishments out of paper…and I mostly succeeded. There are just a few not paper additions.
I used a favorite image of sheet music from Graphics Fairy and printed it on heavy cardstock. I ran it through the Cricut to give me lot’s of holly shaped leaves. Next I inked them with Crushed Olive Distress ink. A little Stickles around the edges. Once this was done I whitewashed them and attached them to floral wire. I painted the stems after binding them to conceal any green that might show through.
I used the Cricut to cut the flower shapes also. I gave them a pretty center and layered the winter white cut outs and attached them to a floral wire stem. Again I painted the stems to conceal. After a fair amount of scrunching I had the flowers shaped the way I wanted then gave them a nice edge detail with more of the Stickles.
Here are all the parts assembled and ready to create the arrangement.
You’ll notice I added a few snowflakes, and vintage image embellishments. I thought it would be a fun addition to include sheet music with a Christmas song….so back to Graphics Fairy I go and found the “Wreath Waltz” Perfect for an orchestra fund raiser!!!
Hope you enjoyed the behind the scenes look at this holiday project. I’m wishing for a super successful fundraiser for the high school : ) I’m glad to be a part of it!!!!