Hey there Peeps. Well we’re all counting down the days till Christmas and maybe sneaking in a few last minute crafty projects. Today I’m sharing a fun and festive tag with the great chippies from GSL and many mixed media supplies.
I finished the words in this sentiment with different mediums and added a bit of faux-snow and glitter glue.
I’ve added foam spacers between the layers which gave me room to tuck some of the flowers behind.
1. Choose chippies and clean edges to prepare the surface for finishing. 2. Base coat with flat white acrylic paint….add two coats if necessary. 3. Paint the snow part of the sentiment with red paint and stamp on a texture using archival ink. You will have to mask off the parts that contact the painted red sections. 4. The hat was given a coat of black embossing powder and heat set to give a glossy finish. The small scarf is striped with the paints, markers, and permanent ink pens. Add glitter glue to the snowflakes and allow to dry before adding the faux-snow.
Using a permanent marker add green to the sentiment. A layer of glitter glue on the scarf adds a festive sparkle.
Adding a sweet face gives the snowman a little personality…I did this with Spectrum Noir markers and a Signo white gel pen.
Whishing all of you a happy and productive day with lots of time to be creative : ) G
Challenge #2: Let’s See that Hoard!
This is a Color Challenge with a twist. Pick the thing or things that you seem to hoard the most, and using the color scheme shown below, create a project that showcases your hoarded item or items. Do you hoard buttons, beads, ribbon, papers, stickers? Show your hoard, but only the items that match the color scheme! (Please note, you do not have to use all the colors in the photo, nor match the colors exactly. Just use the photo and the colors to inspire you to dig through your hoard.)
My project started out as a card…..but by the time I had selected all the paper pretties I wanted to use I realized that it was quickly becoming a layout lol!I started with a base of striped paper from Glitz. To this I sprayed like a crazy fool with every Glimmer Mist I could get my hands on to create a mottled effect. I added Chipped China Distress Ink to to the vintage music sheet…then sprayed it down with the Glimmer Mists also. After it dried I inked it heavily with Walnut Distress Ink.
When in doubt…I have found it a good idea to glue on elebenty hundred flowers lol. These are from Wild Orchid, and Zva Creative. I layered them on vintage images and Doily’s.
Many of the vintage images are from my own digital collage sheets. I embellished them with Stickled layered butterflies and pearly flourish from Zva Creative.
Okay that’s my project for the challenge. You should visit the rest of the girlies from Team B and check out what they created also….I’ve had a sneak peek and I can tell you they are awesome! Amber Milone, Christy Butters, Debbie Seyer, Jan Marie Ennenga, And last but not least…my BOLB ( my online Bestie) Kathy Clement.
The high school orchestra is having a fundraiser and asked me to participate by altering a violin. Of course I have to say yes…first of all how can I say no to a dear friend??? But really…how often do you ever get a chance to paint a violin???? I should mention that the instruments that were altered were no longer usable and not ruined for the sake of art.
I instantly wanted to do shabby chic vintage…big surprise right???LOL
I”ll start by showing the finished project…
Here is the violin when I started. I sanded it well…
I wanted to make all the embellishments out of paper…and I mostly succeeded. There are just a few not paper additions.
I used a favorite image of sheet music from Graphics Fairy and printed it on heavy cardstock. I ran it through the Cricut to give me lot’s of holly shaped leaves. Next I inked them with Crushed Olive Distress ink. A little Stickles around the edges. Once this was done I whitewashed them and attached them to floral wire. I painted the stems after binding them to conceal any green that might show through.
I used the Cricut to cut the flower shapes also. I gave them a pretty center and layered the winter white cut outs and attached them to a floral wire stem. Again I painted the stems to conceal. After a fair amount of scrunching I had the flowers shaped the way I wanted then gave them a nice edge detail with more of the Stickles.
Here are all the parts assembled and ready to create the arrangement.
You’ll notice I added a few snowflakes, and vintage image embellishments. I thought it would be a fun addition to include sheet music with a Christmas song….so back to Graphics Fairy I go and found the “Wreath Waltz” Perfect for an orchestra fund raiser!!!
Hope you enjoyed the behind the scenes look at this holiday project. I’m wishing for a super successful fundraiser for the high school : ) I’m glad to be a part of it!!!!