What fun to be participating in another blog hop. That’s two in one week : )!! This time around it’s the Building Friendships Blog Hop. You should have arrived here from Heidi’s Happy Stamping . She’s the first stop in the hop…so click on the link and start at the beginning. We decided to make some fun Back To School projects and share them with you. The best part is…we are all giving away our projects as a prize at the end of the hop. Make sure to view the entire post to catch the easy peasy rules to get your name entered for a chance to win.
Without further ado….here is my project…a Back to School Smash Book.
I’ve layered on lot’s of vintage inspired back to school patterned paper with chipboard letters, buttons and some great cutouts.
Smash books are some of my favorite projects to create. I love how all the layers show giving you a sneaky peak to the next pages. I’ve incorporated pages of different sizes, acrylic sheets and little pockets. The best part of a smash book of course is getting to fill (or smash) in all the goodies like pictures, journaling, notes from the teacher and fun little memento’s that might not fit in traditional scrapbooks. With a smashbook….anything goes! 🙂
I’ve added a ton of pages all different…but coordinating. The little pockets are just perfect for wallet sized pics of their classmates, or use to journal little notes on. Wouldn’t it be a fun way record sentiments from favorite friends?
As you can see…I had a lot of fun making this book…it was hard to stop LOL! I added chipboard bits and rubons to embellish the pages as well as stickers. There are also some sweet little tiny paper clips!
Well…I did finally get it all wrapped up with a whopping 30 pages! Notice the torn out of the spiral binding index cards? I think they add a great texture and make for a super journaling spot. There is room in this book for larger pictures too! Measures 8 x 6 1/2 inches.
So here’s how to get yourself entered for a chance to win this…or any one of the participating hoppers projects:
1. You need to leave a little love in the form of a comment on each of our blogs by midnight EST Wednesday, August 22nd.
2. You need to become a follower of each one of our blogs. Please be careful to hit the blog subscribe and not the comment subscribe.
3. You need to gather all the letter clues and words along the way and put them into a little sentence and email the sentence to Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. All correct entries will be entered for a chance to win one of the fabulous projects created by the designers. Each blog has a prize…so this increases your chance of winning.
5. Prizes will be posted on each of our blogs on Saturday August 25th.
6. Good luck to all who play along!
So now that you know how to play along…my letter clue is… hips
Thanks for visiting me today at pollyspaper.wordpress.com. Your next stop in the hop is brendalee-amusestudio.blogspot.com to see her fabulous creation and for a chance to win another prize.
Update: Looks like we had a blogger decide not to play along : ( You can visit Heidi to see her great project and get the clues you need to be eligible to win one of the prizes.