New Layout with Butterfly Banner


I am just smitten with this new layout display for the shop. It really helps to have such cute children in the pictures!!!

This is an online tutorial…so grab a cup of coffee and get comfortable. : )

First the layout complete…..

I added only 1 new sheet of paper for this layout…the rest came from the salvage and scrap box! Also you will notice the paper flower I made from my previous post “Flower Day at Polly’s” It coordinates perfectly. It’s almost like I knew…. LOL.

This is the new sheet from Graphic 45.  Not sure why….but I use it as more of a solid. I guess the pattern is so small. It’s a bit distressed looking too! I just love it.

Next is this strip of striped paper from Crate. It definitely also has a bit of an aged appearance. This strip is only an inch x 12 inches…more leftover for another project!

Overlap the orange paper just a little…this will be the base. The paper is from Three Bugs in a Rug…previously seen in the Church Card Crop post.

The trim on this next layer was the salvage that gets cut off when I ran a strip of paper through the border punch. I jazzed it up a bit by punching a tiny hole in each scallop.

Another left over from the card class…The patterned paper is from Crate. You see the lace look trim? That’s the paper strip mentioned above . You will need two…one for top and bottom of patterned paper layer. : )

These two small black ribbon bows will be the perfect embellishment for the butterfly banner!  They are attached with the new love of my life…ZOTS!!!!

These little cuties are images from The Graphics Fairy. They are leftovers from the last layout that I posted.

They are shown here as layered. You will need 3 of these to complete the banner. I also put eyelets in the wing tips for a place to attach the string.

Closeup of the banner. I threaded some cute orange buttons between for a little added detail.

I added the picture next along with the butterflies. I matted the picture in black and used the border punch again. A little leftover chipboard completes this layer.

I added this chip flourish and flower next.

Next came the previously mention paper flower that I made last week. 1 more butterfly…sparkly bling…3 buttons tied with string and 1 more chip element.

The Chipboard element was finished off with another layer in the form of a chipboard frame, butterfly and buttons.

Last but not least…some Liquid Pearls in the Bisque color for a little added detail. Not bad for leftovers right???? : )


2 responses »

  1. This layout is absolutely gorgeous!!! Awesome job working with your scraps. I love the challenge of making something out of scraps. I love every element of this, awesome design and great embellishments. You always do such amazing work. Thanks so much for sharing all the details. Hope you’re having a fantastic day… Bonnie

  2. Beautiful! Even more so IRL! Stop by the store and check it out! All those little stickles details…are hard to get on camera. Hugs!

    LOL..the comment you left on my blog gave me a GREAT chuckle! LOL…So true. You know that is because they are full of whole wheat and good for you stuff *wink* *wink*

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s