I appealed to my friend to donate some pictures for a layout display for the shop. She is a local photographer and her work is just amazing! She brought in a stack of beautiful pictures of her niece. I will post an update with info on how to reach her tomorrow…I wanted to post with the layout…but I forgot her card on the counter at the shop. This is the first 2 page layout…..
I am really quite proud of how they turned out. It took 2 days…but well worth it. I really loved these pics…and it started out the color scheme. Lavender and grey. I started with a base of the charcoal grey and added the lavender square. A little stamping with my current fav stamp that looks like lace. I inked it with the chocolate chip color from Stampin up that I just got from friend Heidi. I stamped off one impression on scratch paper then went to the layout. Once I got all the way around I went around again using a chalky purple color to give it some depth. I added some flourishes cut on the Cricut next. The final piece to the outside was a border punched strip. The patterned paper actually started as white and black. It was inked with the chalk ink…spritzed with glimmer mist then aged with the chocolate chip ink and a distressing tool. Next I scrunched up the edges and inked the outside with Concord from Distress Ink. Of course the pictures speak for themselves! I actually made the large flower in the left corner and all the stems for the floral flourishes. I added some sparkle by including some chandelier drops to the stems. Lot’s of pearl embellishments were added next. The butterflies came from Graphic Fairy…I cut them out and added new metal antenna and added liquid pearl accents on the wings. The lettering was the last piece of the puzzle and I’m so glad friend Shelly talked me into a Xyron!!! Otherwise I would have been a gluey mess!